- You are here:
- GT Home
* Minimum GPA requirement: 2.5 for GT students and 3.0 for Transient students. Students falling on academic probation, right before departure, will no longer be eligible to go to Georgia Tech-Lorraine. (Please review our cancellation policy)
* A clean disciplinary record
Before applying, please read and make sure you understand our cancellation policy.
Apply as early as the second semester of your studies at Tech. (Note: Fall transfers can apply for Spring; Spring transfers can apply for Summer or Fall semester)
Eligible to apply for the Summer Program and will be accepted conditionally until you have a GPA on record from your first semester on campus. In January, your acceptance will either be confirmed, or retracted if your Fall GPA is below 2.5.
Undergraduate students from other universities must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) to apply to Georgia Tech-Lorraine. Students from other universities on other types of US visas are NOT permitted to apply. 3.0 GPA required.
|Semester||OIE Application Opens||Application Deadline|
|(Apply to GTL - $500 application fee)|
When can I apply?
Each program will be closed as soon as it reaches its maximum capacity. Spring and Fall programs close by the set deadlines due to time constraints dictated by the visa application process. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis during the application window, first-come, first-served for these two semesters. It usually takes several weeks before you will hear if you are accepted.
Summer applications are not reviewed until applications close. This program always sells out, so be sure to apply early so as not to be waitlisted.
And remember, your application fee is non-refundable once you have been accepted to the program. Make sure you understand our cancellation policy before applying! Please plan in advance for all semesters.
- Spring 2019 term: May 15 to October 20, 2018
- Summer 2019 term: August 20, 2018 to December 31, 2019 (moved up from February 15, 2019, so apply today!)
- Fall 2019 term: August 20, 2018 to March 8, 2019
How do I apply?
Step 1: Complete the OIE Online Application
Step 2: Pay the $500 application fee through the Online Deposit Payment System link, found on the OIE Online Application page. Please note that if you have started an application, but have not yet paid the $500 application, your application is incomplete and will not be reviewed.
|Semester||OIE Application Opens||GT Transient Application Opens||Application Deadline||Supporting Documents Due|
|(Apply to GTL - $500 application fee)||(Apply to Tech - $75 application fee)|
When can I apply?
- Spring 2019 term: May 15, 2018 to October 1, 2018 (All supporting documents due by October 15)
- Summer 2019 term: August 20, 2018 to December 31, 2018 (All supporting documents due by January 15) (application deadline moved up from February 15, 2019, so apply today!)
- Fall 2019 term: August 20, 2018 to March 1, 2019 (All supporting documents due by March 15)
Note: Each program will close as soon as the maximum capacity has been reached.
Spring and Fall Programs must close by the set deadlines due to time constraints regarding the visa application process. Please plan in advance for both Spring and Fall semesters!
How do I apply?
Step 1: Application to Georgia Tech-Lorraine
- Read OIE's instructions for Transient Students
- Complete the Office of International Education (OIE) Online Application
- Pay the $500 application fee through the Online Deposit Payment System link found on the OIE Online Application page.
- NOTE: Application order is based on the date the OIE online application and deposit are completed. This allows transient students to complete their program applications in time to "reserve" a spot in the program, and they can fill out the Admissions applications after applying to the program. Students can just type their name in the GTID section of the deposit payment portal since they will not yet have been assigned a GTID.
Step 2: Temporary Admission to Georgia Tech
- Follow instructions for Transient Students.
- Complete the OIE Online Application for Study Abroad Transients/Specials
- Submit Supporting Documentation to OIE - see checklist on page 6 of the instruction packet (DO NOT SUBMIT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION DIRECTLY TO ADMISSIONS!)
You will receive an e-mail with instructions on setting up a GT Account online and and will receive your GTID.